- Mr Market
Mr Market: Reports on Financial Markets
- Published: 18 February 2017
ProsperoTree.com recently presented on Understanding Real Estate Better in one of the investor conference. The presentation was well received by the esteemed audience. The examples used in the presentation are for educational purpose rather than direct recommendation.
Please click on below image box for the presentation to be loaded.
- Published: 29 August 2016
There are many people who are not aware about the concept of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) and the merits it provides in investments and tax savings. This article will simplify most things related to HUF and will thereby help you to do better tax planning. However please take final advice of your tax adviser with respect to this. This article deals with following topic in very simple summary:
- What is HUF
- Formation of HUF
- Karta and other Members
- Initial Contribution for HUF
- Methods of Generating Funds in HUF
- Tax Benefits from HUF
- Published: 24 August 2016
What are Buybacks?
- Buybacks are used by companies to buys back its own shares from the marketplace with the help of excess cash available with the company.
- Buybacks by Indian companies are done for a number of reasons:
1. Management thinks its own shares are undervalued
2. Indirectly increasing or decreasing the shareholding percentage by promoters
3. Tax efficient manner to distribute cash with company as so far Buybacks don’t attract dividend distribution tax.
4. Unavailability of options to deploy cash for better returns.
- On Buyback completion, the number of shares outstanding is reduced and thereby leads to better return on equity for most of the companies.
- Published: 20 July 2016
What are Gold Bonds?
Gold Bonds are government securities provided to investors who want to invest in gold without physically buying it. The returns of gold bonds are linked to the price of gold at the time of redemption. These gold bonds are issued by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on behalf of Government of India (GOI) and offers many additional benefits to an investor. Gold bonds are also beneficial to the Indian economy as the success of same would reduce the import bill of gold and thereby improve the current account deficit of India.
- Published: 08 March 2016
Although most people are sub-consciously aware about the concept of tax-adjusted returns, they still tend to ignore it while taking investment decisions. To better understand the effectiveness of tax free returns; please refer to the table below. It is clear that even if you are in 10% tax slab, effective returns are higher when invested in tax free bonds.